Raccoglioro Srl is a small chain of gold shops with 3 locations: Legnago (Verona) – San Bonifacio (Verona) and Suzzara (Mantua). The company’s core business is to buy gold (in kilograms) from its customers, who, for a variety of reasons, wish to get rid of it, realizing a sum of money.
Goals and customer journey
The goal of Luca, the owner, was to attract new customers to his proprietary stores by investing in digital.
With his experience and knowledge of the gold buying market, we were able to outline the purchase path of a potential customer of the company.
Bringing together our cross-functional team with project manager, graphic designer, social media manager, copywriter and web designer, we first hypothesized what a potential customer journey might be.
In our view, in such a fragmented market where there is limited room for maneuver on “branding” (it matters little whether your brand reflects certain values or others), there are three key points for getting chosen:
- territorial proximity;
- “getting found” on digital, especially through presence on transactional search keywords (typed by the user at an advanced stage of the “customer journey,” when they are practically ready to take an action);
- the price, that is, the euros per gram recognized to the customer should they decide to sell their gold in the store.
Basically, a person who knows that he or she has gold that he or she is not using is already familiar with the gold buying market and how it works, as it has been a type of business in Italy for several years now.
Therefore, we had to try to intercept people who had already decided to sell this gold, and who wanted to realize the highest possible amount.
How does such a prospect move into 2021? He will search in his vicinity for the store that will give him the greatest cost-effectiveness through a digital search.
Raccoglioro Online Search
4 activities were carried out:
- Website makeover with user experience broken down by geographic location (3 pages dedicated to the 3 locations) and creation of an ad hoc plug in that could allow users to lock in the quote online, at a cheaper price than the physical store. Very important is the live quotation, which allows a price that is always up-to-date, following the fluctuations of the gold market. This price is also better than the (few) online competitors, i.e., others who place the quotation directly on their site. This strategy makes it possible to acquire new customers, even though at a lower margin than those who come directly through the store. However, these new customers, would alternatively turn to other stores that gave the quotation directly online. Therefore, we found it successful to accept the lowering of the margin on the sale.
- Local SEO for the placement of transactional keywords on the geographical areas of interest: San Bonifacio, Legnago, Suzzara, trying to include also Verona and Mantova (cities very close to Raccoglioro’s offices, from which we assumed that a potential client could move to get a better cost/benefit ratio). All while also integrating a company blog on the new website to start an inbound marketing journey and attract potential customers to the site.
- Facebook advertising geolocated and targeted by interest in a way that brings qualified traffic to the 3 pages within the website divided by the 3 stores.
- Google ADS geo-localized to help increase website traffic, again intercepting transactional searches and thus people ready already and taking action.
Given all the locked-in quotations, which were then transformed into actual sales in the store, the ROI (return on investment) was 300%. This is an excellent figure, which rewards the company’s desire to invest in digital and makes the entire agency team happy for the excellent work they have done.